Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Big changes!

Yesterday I announced some big changes to a friend of mine. It was the first time I'd voiced that specific change to anyone else, and then I got thinking about what I'm doing with my life, which led me to a lot more big changes.

So. Here goes.

The first week of May will be my last semester as a full-time undergrad - at least in the foreseeable future. I'm tired of school, so I'm taking a break. I will continue to take classes part-time that interest me (probably a language class and a history course this fall), so I don't have to start repaying my student loans right away while I'm figuring out my life. But school is not for me. At least not right now. And so I'm quitting.

March 21st, I will be on a plane to Boston. My best friends are moving to Vermont, and I'm helping them with that transition. They've also been asking me to make a permanent move out there, or at least a long-term temporary move, so this will be a trial run of sorts. See how I like things. As an added bonus, Ryan is about ten minutes away (at Dartmouth in NH), so I think we're getting together on the 24th/25th.

If that trip goes well, I plan on moving out to Vermont the last week of May or first week of June. I will be a lot closer to the energy markets I'm in for work, and a lot closer to the east coast modeling scene. Since I have not yet enrolled at ASU for the fall (and don't plan on it), I may stay out there indefinitely. Perhaps take a few courses in VT/NH. Do whatever strikes me.

And I'm going to stop worrying. I have modeling work Thursday that, for two hours, is going to pay more than my last paycheck (for two weeks worth of work). I'm going to model more. Maybe quit my part-time job.

I'm just going to do me. And in two weeks, I'm going to be doing it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment