101 Goals in 1001 Days
Start Date: March 7, 2011
End Date: December 2, 2013
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past — frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
My 101 Goals
39/101 Goals Accomplished
Academic and Professional:
- Earn a 3.0+ GPA for the Fall 2013 semester
- Attain my TWP certification.
Take a non-required class just for fun.(Completed Spring 2012)
- Take and pass one Actuarial exam.
- Attain my Certified Sommelier certification.
- Personally sponsor 5 people in ACN.
- Obtain 75 customer points.
Have a cushion of $2000 in savings(at date of completion) Use at least $100 in coupons.(completed 03/23/2013) Pay my credit card down to $0.(completed 07/19/2011) Buy a desk!(completed 04/04/2011)
- Purchase a water cooling system or similar so I have tasty water easily accessible.
Upgrade my camera.(completed 07/19/2011) Buy new glasses.(completed 06/17/2011) Buy myself flowers.(completed 3/16/2011) Pay down student loans by $15,000.(completed 8/23/2013) Buy a new laptop. (completed 04/02/2012)
- Buy a dining room table.
Have a minimum credit score of 720. (completed November 2012)
- Be a land-owner.
Make a new close friend.(Jacey)
- Do something special for 5 friends.
- Write Billye and Wally once per month for 12 months.
- Kiss someone special on New Year's at midnight.
Kiss in the rain.(completed 10/11/2012)
- Watch the Northern Lights with someone I love.
- Go down to a Senior Center and play bingo.
- Write a thank-you letter to Mr. Brown and Mrs. Phillips.
- Send a care package to my parents.
- Go see five theater productions. (1/5 seen)
- Fiddler on the Roof
- The Pelican Brief
- Dumb & Dumber
- The Big Lebowski
Take 3 roadtrips (not including the trips about to be mentioned!)(Completed 06/27/2011 - all to California!) See the Grand Canyon before I leave Arizona(Completed 05/03/2012)
- Hike back into Supai/Havasu Canyon and camp.
Get another stamp in my passport.(completed 07/19/2011)
- Cross another continent off the list.
- Visit 15 US states. (4/15 visited)
- Cook 50 new recipes and blog about them (with pictures!). (18/50 cooked)
- Start my own herb garden.
Visit five new restaurants and blog/yelp about my experiences!(completed 05/07/2013) Host a dinner party. (completed Thanksgiving 2013) Eat buffalo meat.(completed 08/22/2012)
- Go on a picnic.
Drink 64 ounces of water in one day.(completed 07/14/2011) Complete a 5-day juice cleanse.(Completed 01/06/2012) Give up soda for 30 consecutive days.(Completed 09/20/2011)
- Tour a winery.
Try 10 new kinds of tea.(Completed 05/01/2012)
Complete a puzzle of 1,000+ pieces by myself.(Completed 03/07/2012)
- Read 100 books. (65/100 read)
- Knit my first hat.
- Knit a pair of socks.
- Finish knitting the afghan.
- Learn to French braid.
- Visit 10 museums. (5/10 visited)
- Arizona Science Center
- L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition
- Swarovski Kristallwelten
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Achieve and maintain my goal weight of 125 lbs.
Discover my blood type.(Completed 03/29/12 - B positive)
- Run one mile without stopping.
- Floss every day for 30 consecutive days.
Get my eyebrows threaded.(Completed 06/01/2012)
- Get a new tattoo or piercing.
- Complete bikini lazer hair removal
- Exercise one hour per day for 30 consecutive days.
- Complete a half-marathon.
- Do the splits.
- "Master" toe-stand
- Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice. (405,000/1,000,000 currently donated)
- Log 100 volunteer hours with a worthy organization.
Complete a random act of kindness for a stranger.(Completed 03/16/2013) Host someone from CouchSurfing.org(Completed 03/07/2012) Complete my testing for the bone marrow registry.(Completed and mailed 09/21/2011) Recycle one full trash can ten times.(Completed 04/02/2012)
- Make my own laundry detergent.
Do not log into facebook for 14 consecutive days. (Completed 09/16/2011)
- Watch a sunrise and a sunset in the same day.
- Get my watch cleaned/repaired.
Clean out closet. Get rid of 30 items. (completed 11/29/2013)
- Get my concealed carry permit