101 Goals in 1001 Days
Start Date: March 7, 2011
End Date: December 2, 2013
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past — frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
My 101 Goals
0/101 Goals Accomplished
- Make a 3.0 GPA or above for Spring 2011.
- Make a 3.5 GPA or above for Fall 2011.
- Make a 3.5 GPA or above for Spring 2012.
- Score a minimum of 30 on the MCAT.
- Get an A on a Biochem exam.
- Graduate with my B.S.
- Do not skip class. Classes where lectures are recorded and put online are okay to miss as long as the catch-up is done before the next class period.
- Apply for medical school at UW.
- Maintain a balance of $10,000 in savings at all times.
- Use coupons in every grocery trip.
- Pay my credit card down to $0.
- Buy a desk!
- Purchase a water cooling system or similar so I have tasty water easily accessible.
- Upgrade my camera.
- Buy new glasses.
Buy myself flowers.(completed 3/16/2011)
- Make a new close friend.
- Do something special for 5 friends just because I can.
- Fall in love.
- Get engaged.
- Kiss someone on New Year's at midnight.
- Kiss in the rain.
- Watch the Northern Lights with someone I love.
- Go down to a Senior Center and play bingo.
- Write a thank-you letter to Mr. Brown and Mrs. Phillips.
- Send a care package to my parents.
- Go see five theater productions. (1/5 completed)
- Go to two concerts.
- Watch 10 new-to-me movies that were in theatres more than five years ago.
- Go to the symphony.
- Read an entire book in German.
- Learn a new song on the piano, and memorize it.
- Learn 101 phrases in ASL.
- Take 3 roadtrips (not including the trips about to be mentioned!)
- See the Grand Canyon before I leave Arizona
- Hike back into Supai/Havasu Canyon and camp.
- Get another stamp in my passport.
- Cook 50 new recipes and blog about them (with pictures!).
- Start my own herb garden.
- Visit five new restaurants and blog/yelp about my experiences!
- Host a dinner party.
- Eat buffalo meat.
- Go on a picnic.
- Drink 64 ounces of water in one day.
- Cook 10 new slow-cooker recipes and blog with photos.
- Give up soda for 30 consecutive days.
- Bake a cake from scratch.
- Tour a winery.
- Try 10 new kinds of tea.
- Complete a puzzle of 1,000+ pieces by myself.
- Read 100 books. (1/100 read)
- Knit my first hat.
- Knit a pair of socks.
- Finish knitting the afghan.
- Learn to French braid.
- Visit 10 museums. (1/10 visited)
- Blog every day for 31 consecutive days.
- Ride a tandem bicycle.
- Make a list of 101 things that make me happy.
- Write a letter to myself, to read in 10 years.
- Do something to pamper myself every week - even if it's something as simple as a bubble bath.
- Write my name in the sand.
- Sleep out under the stars.
- Get dressed up for no reason.
- Complete the 365 photo challenge.
- Go to a hot springs.
- Go out dancing.
- Send a postcard to Postsecret.
- Go ice skating.
- Go kayaking.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- "Couchsurf" once.
- Sit on a rooftop.
- Complete the 5,000 question survey.
- Make something at a pottery shop/studio.
- Play slots at a casino.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Complete a cross-stitch.
- Achieve and maintain my goal weight of 125 lbs.
- Stop buying crap food! No more than $5 per month on junk food and sweets.
- Discover my blood type.
- Run one mile without stopping.
- Floss every day for 30 consecutive days.
- Get my eyebrows threaded.
- Get a new tattoo or piercing.
- Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice. (5,000/1,000,000 currently donated)
- Log 100 volunteer hours at Banner Desert.
- Complete a random act of kindness for a stranger.
- Host someone from CouchSurfing.org
- Complete my testing for the bone marrow registry.
- No more clothes hoarding! Do not add anything to the closet without getting rid of another clothing item first.
- Keep the house clean and "company ready" four or more days per week.
- Organize the new office!
- Find my camera cord.
- Get my jeans hemmed.
- End every day with prayer.
- Make my own laundry detergent.
- Start collecting memories and mementos in a shoe box.
- Do not log into facebook for 14 consecutive days.
- Watch a sunrise and a sunset in the same day.
- Be able to recognize all countries on a map.