Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Skipping class and taking names.

Yep, I'm doing it again. Only this time, it's a stupid Genetics recitation, so it has virtually zero negative consequences.


Picture challenge! I'll update with the first three days, since that's how far I'm in right now.


CHALLENGE 1- Feb 20
A picture of yourself with ten facts



1. I am a natural redhead!
2. I haven't gotten a haircut in over a year.
3. I LOVE to cook.
4. I am a total math nerd.
5. I have taken German since 7th grade.
6. I've only been pulled over once. It was for expired registration in a borrowed car. I've never even gotten a speeding ticket!
7. I also hate mayo. 
8. I am so proud of myself for getting to the weight I am now! Scale this morning said 123.0 - less than I've weighed in 8+ years.
9. I'm in my 6th year of college and still have at least one more left. 
10. I used to be a pretty negative person, but I am making a conscious effort to see the positive in everything!


CHALLENGE 2- Feb 21
A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest



My best friend Erika and I. This picture is from April 2007, when I was 35 lbs. heavier. 

We've been friends since 2nd grade. 


CHALLENGE 3- Feb 22
A picture of the cast from your favorite show



I LOVE House!! 




---


I'm still waiting for today's challenge, but I'm really enjoying it so far!!


There's an update on the Kyle situation (sorta) on the PTSD blog. And by update, I mean right now it's just an update on the dinner date dealio. Right now, he's sleeping in my bed after ralphing into my bathroom trash can all night. 


And this belongs on the PTSD side of things, but he called yesterday to make an appointment with the Southeast Health Care Clinic in Mesa. They called him back this morning, and they don't have an opening with a psychiatrist until June! So he has an appointment for June 14th. UGH. 


Oh well! I'm glad he made the call, and I'm glad I was here to hear it. It really seems like there are positive changes being made... or at least that he's on the right track to making some changes. 


Anyway, all that to say he took me out to dinner last night again! We were supposed to hit The Melting Pot for their double date night with Jay and Gloria (who got married last Friday, don't know if I mentioned that), and maybe Josh as well. Half an hour before our reservation, Jay called Kyle and said they had gotten in a fight and wouldn't be coming. I had already gotten cute and straightened my hair, so I still wanted a date! We ended up going to La Bocca (fave!), and it was BOGO pizza night! So we got a pitcher of white sangria, some bruschetta, and each of us got a garden pizza with some substitutions. I LOVE that place! I am never disappointed. And Kyle didn't even complain, and I think he enjoyed it, too! (He's really not big on pretentious places, and La Bocca is a wine bar... it definitely qualifies.) 


I should probably start studying for my terrible TCL (Race, Medicine, & the Body) midterm tonight, so TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment