Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 101 update!

Talk about progress! Here's what I accomplished this past month.

  • got rid of three shirts from my closet
  • donated some rice! 
  • paid $2700 toward student loans
  • used $4 in coupons
  • read three books!


Goals completed:

  • kissed in the rain (10/11/12) 


Last month, I made a list of the progress I planned to make this month. 

Goals for October:


  • make an effort to catch up on rice (50K+ grains donated)
  • run 1 mile
  • lose another 5 lbs. (get down to 137)
  • pay $1200 toward loans
  • read 4 books
I didn't quite get to all of 'em, but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. The three books I read this month landed me at 50 of my 100 read. I'm halfway done! With these two new jobs I've been working, if I can get some more tutoring hours, I will be able to quit working in crappy retail and then I'll have plenty of time to read again. I'll need to read one book every 7.96 days to complete these 100 in time! 

I'm far from my rice goal, but my computer has been ornery lately. It won't load the ads under my questions, so there aren't any ads paying for my correct answers, and then I feel bad continuing to answer more questions. So when I get a new computer, finally, there will need to be more of the 17K+ days I used to have. 

I won't lie, I don't think I ran once this month. Or, maybe I did, but it was only once. In better news, I weighed in at 137.8 this morning! I did lose more than 5 lbs, because I used an incorrect number to calculate the 137 figure, and I'm almost at that goal. 

And obviously I paid well over twice what I had hoped to on my loans. It's a good thing, since they mature on Sunday. I'm a little apprehensive about that - the huge big-girl bills finally coming due, and not having the option to pay anymore. But I must say I'm pretty proud of myself for making just shy of $5000 in payments in the last two months. 

For the month of November, I plan to: 

  • read four more books 
  • run one mile without stopping
  • get down to 135 lbs. (don't judge! It's the holidays.)
  • write Billie & Wally
  • watch one old movie I've never seen
  • pare my closet down by five more items. 

Thanks for cheering me on! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment