Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 101 update

For December, I said I would:

  • run 1 mile without stopping
  • get down to 130 lbs.
  • watch the Aurora Borealis
  • read four books
I crossed off two of 'em! My scale couldn't make up its mind today between 129.8 and 130.0, but either way, there was my weight goal. And I finished exactly four books, so there's another one down! 

I also made the following progress:
  • used $3 in coupons
  • finished four books! 
  • donated more rice
  • paid more in student loans
  • answered ten more questions!

I didn't complete any goals this month, but that's okay by me. I didn't have a whole lot of time between the little sister's wedding and working upwards of 60 hours some weeks. 


For January, I will:
  • go to the symphony! 
  • run one mile without stopping
  • read another four books
  • donate 20K+ grains of rice
I'm starting back to school, which means I'm cutting my hours back at work and going to need more time to focus on me. I think those goals are a good start. And while I'd love to spend all day on FreeRice catching up since I'm so far behind, my ancient computer makes that a struggle. My $3400 tuition bill due next Tuesday makes buying a new laptop a problem, so donating the rest of my rice is going to take a while. 

In late January or early February, I also plan on hosting a wine dinner for my coworkers! I am super excited about it, but don't want to make a goal for that to happen this month and then be disappointed in yet another goal not crossed off. 

I also have some little surprises in store for a few friends I haven't talked to in ages, and hopefully those will be going out this month! Again, I don't want to set myself up for failure, but I know I'll make progress on more than just what I set out to accomplish this month. 

I'm getting there!

xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment