Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Delicious chicken piccata recipe!

I have always been a super huge Italian food fan, and chicken piccata has been near the top of my favorites list for as long as I can remember. Usually when I go out with Kyle, though, we try to find things that we can share. He has shied away from capers in the past (another thing on the list of stuff he hadn't tried before I came along), so chicken piccata was off the list... until last night!

A few months ago, I ordered a Giada deLaurentis cookbook (the Italian lady from The Food Network). I've never been a big recipe follower, but I do like to have recipes around to use for inspiration and general guidelines. I flipped through and saw the chicken piccata recipe, and knew it would be a winner. Kyle got the chicken, and I got capers, lemons, and parsley (which I didn't end up using!) from Sunflower on my way home from school yesterday.

Anyway, enough talk. I didn't take pictures, and I don't really measure anything, but here is the recipe, as I used it:



Delicious Chicken Piccata:


4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into cutlets
sea salt
fresh ground black pepper
flour (I used whole wheat)
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
evoo
reduced-sodium chicken broth or dry white wine (I used about 10 oz.)
juice from at least two lemons
capers, drained and rinsed


Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper if desired. (I did on some, but not others.) Dredge in flour. In a large saute pan, melt 2 Tbsp of butter and some evoo over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown (approx. 3 minutes on each side). Transfer chicken to a plate.

Add broth, lemon juice, and capers to the pan. Bring to a boil and make sure to scrape the crusty stuff from the bottom of the pan! Return the chicken to the pan and cook for approx. 5 minutes more. Transfer to plate again. Whisk the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter into sauce, pour over chicken, and garnish with parsley if desired.


Amazing. I will absolutely be using this recipe again. Kyle really liked it, and took some to work this morning. He made some rosemary potatoes to go along with it. Red potatoes, fresh rosemary, garlic, evoo, and I think some fresh ground pepper and some of that garlic & wine seasoning from TMP.

We're going to try our hand at some homemade pasta Friday night - maybe made with wine instead of water. It will be our first time using the pasta roller he got me for Christmas! Yum, yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment