Wednesday, February 13, 2013
365 questions: 292 - 310!
292. What is the biggest obstacle that stands in your way right now?
I love the quote from Bridesmaids - "You are your problem. And you're also your solution, Annie." My biggest obstacle is always myself. My biggest obstacle to not having a job I adore is a combination of fear and having wasted so much time in school - both coming back to me. My biggest obstacle in relationships is communication - something that I try to better in myself, but where I am never perfect. I am the only thing I am able to change, so I am the only obstacle on which I should focus.
293. What do you sometimes pretend you understand that you really don’t?
Men. It's not so much that I pretend that I understand them. I sometimes think I do, and then realize I really don't.
294. What do you like most about your job? What do you dislike most about your job?
Oh, boy. My full-time job, I like that I am able to educate others. That is always rewarding for me. I dislike pretty much everything else about the job. I work with management that doesn't appreciate the time and effort I put in. I work a shitty wage and am never recognized for my accomplishments. That is frustrating. My tutoring job, I absolutely adore. I love my clients, and I love helping someone master a new concept. I love that, when I show up to a particular client's house, she almost always offers a glass of wine. The only thing I dislike is that it is a 30+ minute drive to meet with some clients.
295. What’s something new you recently learned about yourself?
Recently, I learned that I still don't really know where I'm going. There are so many paths in life that appeal to me, and it's difficult for me to choose one and focus on it while still feeling like my family will be proud of me.
296. In one sentence, how would you describe your relationship with your mother?
She is a wonderful friend, and I'm glad we are so close.
297. What was the most defining moment in your life during this past year?
My little sister's wedding. There was a lot going on that day that made it stick out. I had a conversation with an incredibly wise friend that changed my outlook on a few things. I stood up with my little sister as she made one of the most important decisions of her life. I observed a few behaviors from others that really bothered me. And I learned a little more about myself.
298. What’s the number one change you need to make in your life in the next twelve months?
I need to figure my shit out. I need to find a direction, and pursue it.
299. What makes you feel secure?
Love. Hugs from behind while I'm doing the dishes, or slaving away over the stove. Having enough money in the bank to do whatever I want.
300. What is your favorite sound?
Rain on the roof, for sure. It's one of my favorite things in the world.
301. What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend?
Honesty, trustworthiness, and happiness. I want to surround myself with people who genuinely enjoy life, who will tell me the truth, and who always have my back.
302. What simple gesture have you recently witnessed that renewed your hope in humanity?
I received a card in the mail today from someone who I've never met, just because she knew I was having a difficult time. It was incredibly special.
303. What is your favorite smell?
That would probably be homemade baked bread. Cookies are up there, too, though. I love coming home and having the smell of amazing food greet me.
304. What recent memory makes you smile the most?
About two weeks ago, we had a wine class at work. I usually am unavailable on Thursday evenings because I work with a tutoring client at that time. However, she had cancelled and I texted Kyle asking if he wanted to join me for the class. He led me to believe he would be working late and wouldn't be able to make it. When I got a text message saying he was already there and asking where I was, that definitely put a smile on my face.
305. In one word, how would you describe your childhood?
Generous. I never wanted as a child.
306. What celebrities do you admire? Why?
...Are there admirable celebrities out there right now? I can't say that I really admire anyone.
307. What is the number one motivator in your life right now?
Happiness. I have decided to live for myself and do what makes me happy. Currently, that's buying a gorgeous painting to hang above my fireplace, and saving up for land in Sedona, because that's one of my favorite places in the world.
308. What music do you listen to to lift your spirits when you’re feeling down?
It depends. I almost always listen to country, but I have a number of different playlists. Lately, I've been listening to my "Sedona Roadtrippin'" playlist, which has some hip-hop and some rock interspersed in there. My "Hicktown" playlist usually does the trick, too.
309. If I gave you $1000 and told you that you had to spend it today, what would you buy?
If I could spend it on whatever I wanted, I would pay down part of my student loans. If I had to buy a material item, probably the wine fridge I've been eyeing at Costco. 142 bottles for $999.
310. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
I attended a super fun workshop tonight that had me laughing nearly the entire time. I love Express MiE!