Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 day declutter challenge

My awesome photographer friend Trina has a blog. And this morning, she posted about this crazy 40 Bags in 40 Days Declutter Challenge. Her friend Ann Marie has been doing it several years in a row now, and I'm jumping on board.

Let's be honest. I'm not a mom, with a family and kids and lots of clutter. I'm not going to get rid of anywhere near 40 bags worth of stuff. But I am a student, and I've moved four times in five years, and I have a lot of crap still in boxes that can probably go. I have a lot of clothes that I no longer wear that need to go bye-bye. And I have a desk that I can't even see the surface of, because there's so much crap on it.

So today, Day 1, I am going to clean off the couch. And maybe the end tables (don't want to get too ahead of myself here!). The couch is where I flop down when I walk through the door every day - and the mail in my hands, the coat I'm wearing, everything joins me on the couch or on an end table. This evening, I'm going to clean 'em off so I have a relaxing space in my living room.

Head over to Ann Marie's blog to join in the fun!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment