Friday, February 18, 2011

This is my grumpy face.

Kyle called tonight. Twice. Both times were after midnight. We spent a total of 28 minutes on the phone. He said he wants to go to Texas Roadhouse and doesn't have anyone to go with him, so he asked me if I would go to dinner with him this weekend.

Um... what? I'm finally happy doing my own thing and you're offering to take me on our first date in over three months? (I wish I was joking. Three months. That is absurd.) And it's the same weekend that Mike is in town, the same weekend that I'm wanting to spend time with him and his family.

Maybe it is just a dinner date because he wants steak and doesn't have anyone to go with (since Jay & Gloria got married today, and Josh works nights), and I'm reading something into it that isn't there. That would be okay with me. I'm totally fine with guys taking me out to dinner because they're lonely. I get a free meal out of the deal. But I am mildly concerned that I am going to start feeling guilty for the events of last week, and potential events of this weekend, and I'm really not interested in that.

I am single. I have nothing to feel guilty for. I have done nothing wrong. And yes, this is a pep talk.

I had also really wanted to spend time tomorrow with Wade & Teresa. I haven't seen Wade since March 2007, and I haven't seen Teresa since Valentine's Day last year. I think they're leaving on Sunday so if Mike and I are going to be out shooting pool all night on Saturday, that leaves tomorrow for catching up. At the same time, I don't want to intrude on their family time. They aren't down here to spend time with me; they are down here to spend time with her parents.

I'm sleepy. It's almost 1:45. I will definitely update with The Mike Story later, and pictures from my California road trip. I just can't stay awake for much longer. And I think that means class at 7:30 in the morning will be a total bust, too. Good thing the lectures are recorded. I *need* to sit down and watch them all this weekend. We have a test on Monday! Le sigh.

Goodnight, world. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment