Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Get a yob.

I walked into my old place of employment today and was asked to come back to work. For real this time; not just a tentative "we think we're getting rid of her" like it was a few weeks ago. So, provided they're willing to negotiate a fat raise, I think I found where what little free time I have is going to go.

Finals start next week. It's 11:40, I've already taken a nap today, and I can still hardly keep my eyes open. I've forgotten what day of the week it is at least three times today, even though I had obligations that are specific to today.

In other news, when I hopped in the hot tub at GI Joe's after dinner last week, I didn't realize they had just put a chlorine tablet in the day before, and I forgot to take off my ring. I woke up the next morning to an incredibly disappointing, tarnished, almost-purple piece of silver encircling my finger. G's mom works for the company that owns Fred Meyer Jewelers, so he was able to take it in and get it cleaned and polished for me for free! Rock on.

I still don't know what I'm doing with my life. I've had a few discussions with people whose opinions I value, and I know I need to get a degree within the next year. I'm just not sure how I want to get there yet. I plan on looking into courses offered at the local community college to see if I can take any of my remaining math or statistics classes there in the fall, and just come back to ASU in the spring. Unless that's not an option, in which case I might be screwed. I still have to petition for financial aid (since I'm over the credit hour cap) and haven't submitted my FAFSA yet for the coming school year, which was probably a poor decision on my part.

I'm feeling a lot better about everything, though. Maybe because my life for the last two weeks has centered around music, which doesn't leave a lot of room for stress, but I feel like everything is going to work out. We'll see.

Sleep sweet!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment