Monday, December 5, 2011

Lots to catch up on!


Yikes; it's been a while!

Prince Charming and I went over to Kris and Dave's for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a wonderful night with wonderful friends. We had some delicious wine, and slow danced around the living room after dinner.

He and I also both had the day off last Sunday, so we went out east and hiked Peralta! I had left my camera at his house and my phone in the car, so we are completely photo-less. But we had a blast! We hiked for about five and a half hours, went back and got some steaks and wine, grilled at the house, and watched a movie on the couch.

He helped me clean the puke car on Wednesday night after he got off work. We walked down to Kiwanis Park Thursday morning after breakfast and fed the ducks. (The blind one isn't there anymore, and we saw one who had a fishing hook stuck in his mouth. :( I hate irresponsible people.)

Thursday night, I went to the Champagne & Sparkling class at my favorite wine store. I fell in love with two new wines and left a little gift hidden for a special someone there to find this weekend.

Then this weekend, I spent in San Diego at a rockin' business conference! I got some amazing training from John Maxwell, who started off his talk by saying, "Hi. My name is John, and I am your friend." I heard from some amazing, inspirational people and I am so glad I went. I met up with Sam on Saturday night for a glass of wine and some girl talk. I got to share her second round of legal drinks. <3

Finn and I went out to lunch today at Pita Jungle. I can't believe I've never been there! Holy delicious. We had a selection of tapas off their happy hour menu - none of which were more than $2. New favorite place.

Today is the mailing deadline for my cookie exchange, and I got my first dozen in the mail today! I am not proud to admit that I didn't share any, and I have none left. Definitely need to run a few miles this week - particularly because I've been contacted about three upcoming shoots in the last three days. I've already gained a bit of weight. I can't afford to gain much more.

I submitted my last programming assignment of the semester tonight! I can't believe that in only eight days, I will be done with this semester. I can't wait! I have been so exhausted and overwhelmed lately with everything I have going on, and am so ready to have some time to relax, and to do things for me.

I've been invited to speak on a conference call tonight by someone I have the utmost respect for, so I should probably head off. I apologize for the lack of updates! Hopefully you'll see a little more of my smiling face around here soon. :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment