Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Every day gets a little better.

I was so stunned last night by him that I was almost in happy tears.

I don't think I have ever met someone so amazing. Admittedly my only two "serious" relationships were with douchey guys, but I truly didn't believe there were men out there like Sir Gingerbeard. I thought other women made men like him up. That he only existed in dreams.

He couldn't be further from the guys I've dated in the past, which I LOVE. I've had two "serious" relationships. Boyfriend #1 thought an acceptable birthday gift was sex with a condom in my favorite color. Boyfriend #2 - well that relationship ended in a restraining order. Not much else to say. Sir Gingerbeard is amazing. There's no doubt about that. But I think I probably see him as even more amazing because of the douchers I've dated in the past.

Anyway. Last night. Sunday. We had The Conversation. There's something important that needed to be discussed, and I bit the bullet last night. (Admittedly, it took some encouraging from him.) I said I had penciled in an awkward conversation for the evening, but still had a hard time spitting it out. He took me by the hand, led me to the couch, sat down, and encouraged me to talk. I was so nervous I couldn't even make eye contact until I'd gotten out what I had to say.

He told me that this new information really didn't change much, and then leaned over and kissed me. We continued to chat about plans for the week (yay, Thanksgiving!) and he suggested going out of town on Sunday, since we both have the day off. When he left, he blew me kisses.

If I was the crying kind, I certainly would have been bawling last night. His response just reaffirmed everything I've heard about him, and solidified my feelings (not that they were in question). I am so amazed to be treated the way he treats me (he also paid for my groceries when we went shopping, and washed all my dishes). I feel so special and adored.

This morning, I got a "good morning" text message as I was getting ready to walk out the door. After having The Conversation last night, that meant the world to me. I can't fully put into words the way he makes me feel. Adored. Enamored. Smitten. I feel like I'm walking on clouds. Other people have commented on how happy I am.

The more I learn about him, the more I want to pack him in my suitcase and bring him home with me to meet my parents. The more I want to tell him to put a ring on it. I've had three people in the last 24 hours tell me to marry him tomorrow. Not that I'm seriously considering it, but it's almost scary that something like that doesn't weird me out. We've been on eight dates and he's not only been my date to a wedding, but I've agreed to meet his family at his brother's wedding in less than three months. We've been on eight dates and he's already buying my groceries.

I could go on, but I'll spare you all. Plus, I'm exhausted and I might have mentioned something about making a zillion cookies tomorrow after my morning run. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment