Friday, November 30, 2012

November 101 update!

Achieved:
  • have a minimum credit score of 720. 
Woohoo! I am so proud of myself right now. In January, when Kyle was looking for a house, I subscribed to Equifax's credit monitoring program. I pay them a reasonable monthly fee, and they watch my stuff for me. If anything changes notably on my credit report, I get an email notification. 

January 27th, my credit score was 704. I made it a goal to get that up to "Good" rather than "Fair." I am so excited that, in less than eleven months, I've raised my score 20 points! I have better credit than the 20-somethings I've talked to (though admittedly I don't go around asking everyone's credit scores. I have a little more tact than that), and the one thing that is suggested to raise my score is getting a mortgage and diversifying my lines of credit. How cool! This is one of the most exciting goals to cross off my list. 720+ credit score with nearly $80,000 in student loans? Not an easy task.

Now if I could just get it up another 10 points to where it was three years ago before we broke that lease at the worst apartment complex ever... 

But not to overshadow my progress!

  • read two books
  • paid down my loans
  • donated a (very) small amount of rice. 


For the month of November, I planned to: 

  • read four more books (halfway done!)
  • run one mile without stopping
  • get down to 135 lbs.
  • write Billie & Wally
  • watch one old movie I've never seen
  • pare my closet down by five more items. 
I may have only achieved one of the goals I set out to accomplish this month, but I'm still super proud of myself for what I've done. Being able to cross off the credit score goal was HUGE for me. I would like to be a homeowner by 25, and I have made huge strides to get there. 

I didn't write Billie & Wally, which means I need to every month for the remainder of the challenge. I'm disappointed in myself, but I've been so shockingly busy I've headed to bed before 9PM some nights. I'm just exhausted with all the work I've been putting in for my tutoring clients and at my thankless job. I know eventually it will pay off (and it has been, with the amounts I've been able to pay down on my loans), so I'm hanging in there right now.


For December, I will:


  • run 1 mile without stopping
  • get down to 130 lbs. 
  • watch the Aurora Borealis
  • read four books

And speaking of bed before 9PM, I'm heading that way now. Sleep sweet!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment