Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update on my 101!

I bought myself flowers last Wednesday. Safeway had daffodils on sale, and I bought 30 stems.

Wednesday, I spent the night at Kyle's. I talked to Miranda the next morning (Josh's girlfriend), and she said she's not exactly a whiz in the kitchen. So we decided that on Thursdays, we're going to get together and make dinner together and I'll share some of my recipes with her. 

Thursday, Kris and her husband came over for a real St. Pat's dinner. They've never made/had corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day, so I got a 3-lb. corned beef brisket and made all the fixin's. I poured a bottle of Killian's in there while it was cooking, which I haven't ever done before. It added a slight amount of beer flavor, but I think next time I'll pour another bottle in for good measure. 

Not sure that either of those really count as hosting dinner parties, but since I don't even own a dining room table, that's probably as close as I'm going to get. 

I also caught the scale saying 121 and change last week. I'm down under 125, which was my goal, and I am officially smaller than I have been in nine years!! (And then decided to reward myself with some mint moose tracks ice cream, which I am devouring right now. :) - Another goal, though. That's the only junk food I've bought all month! So I've spent less than $3 on fat snacks in the month of March.)

Nothing else exciting happening over here. I made some chicken piccata again last night because it's so delicious. Took the car in for some recall maintenance yesterday, and I get to spend the rest of my spare time this week cleaning the house for Dad's visit! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment