Monday, February 13, 2012

365 questions: 183 - 195

183. What do you see when you look into the future?   Travel. Love. Contentment. Happiness. Success. I see the actualization of many of my goals - owning a house in Austria being one of the top ones. 

184. What makes you angry?  Why?  Injustice definitely makes me angry. I also get really upset about the government encroaching on my liberties. I feel the government is there to protect our rights granted to us in the Constitution, and not much else. They definitely don't do a very good job of it. 


185. What is the most valuable life lesson you learned from your parents?  Don't ever give up. It was taught to me in a round-about way (I was not allowed to stop piano lessons when I wanted to), but it's something that I definitely appreciate now. 

186. What does love feel like?  A smile from your tummy. A hug. Sunshine in your heart. 


187. What are your favorite simple pleasures?  A piece of extra dark chocolate. A glass of red wine. A bubble bath. And fresh ginger chocolate dream cookies, still warm from the oven. 

188. If you could go back in time and tell a younger version of yourself one thing, what would you tell?  Learn how to study. Don't take for granted that school comes easily, because learning study habits in your 20s is a bitch. 


189. What do you do to deliberately impress others?  Nothing that I can think of, honestly. I buy nice things because I like nice things, not because I'm trying to impress people. 

190. What will you never do?  I will never have an abortion. I will never commit a felony. 


191. Excluding romantic relationships, who do you love?  I love my mama, my dad, and my sister. My best friends - Kris, Dave, and Erika. I love Jacey and Mike. I love (most of) my coworkers. I love my "little brother" Matt, and his family. I love Shari. I love a lot of people. 

192. What is your earliest childhood memory?  I was two or three, and we were visiting Mom's parents. We were on a train of some kind, toward the back. In my memory, we were going through some kind of rainforest-esque place. I'm sure that's not the case, but that's what I remember. 


193. What book has had the greatest influence on your life?  I don't know about the greatest influence on my life, but the one that was influential in shaping my love of math and my career path was A Tour of the Calculus. It was required reading in my Calc-II class, my senior year of high school. It's still one of my favorite books. 

194. What three questions do you wish you knew the answers to?  I definitely still ponder the meaning of life, and it would be nice to have an answer of some kind. I wish I could see where I'm going to end up twenty years down the road, so I wouldn't need to worry or focus on what are likely distractions. And the third question is a personal one that I'll keep to myself, but I have a feeling I already know the answer. 


195. What is the greatest peer pressure you’ve ever felt?  It wasn't really a peer pressure that I resisted, but definitely joining the sorority my first year away from home, there was a crazy pressure to spend every night getting hammered. The house was virtually empty on Friday and Saturday nights, and most Wednesdays. Five years later, I still remember the handful of girls who didn't drink, and can count them on one hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment