Friday, July 1, 2011

365 thought-provoking questions: Questions 21 - 40

21. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?  Math or music. Those are my two passions. 

22. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?  I would regret not living life to the fullest. Not leaving a positive legacy. Not laughing enough. Not spending enough time with my family and with people who are close to me. 

23. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?  Things, yes. Hoarding runs in my family. :) Emotions, no. I am happy and content with where I am. 

24. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?  I hope that what matters to me most will be family and friends. Surrounding myself with the love of people I love.

25. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?  Now. The time is always now. Life is an adventure! Don't take it so seriously. 

26. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?  Probably 25. I feel 25 sometimes. 

27. Would you break the law to save a loved one?  It depends, but more than likely - yes. 

28. What makes you smile?  Many, many things! Sunshine on my face. Freckles cropping up on my nose. A bird singing. The sound of crashing waves. Time with good friends. A beautiful sunset. A good song on the radio. Beautiful memories. 

29. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?  I sure hope not. I hope to be remembered by what I have accomplished. 

30. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?  Live life to the fullest, and with no regrets. Life is an adventure. No one gets out alive. Create memories that you will cherish. Add value to others. Live in the present and look to the future. 


31. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?  I probably wouldn't have spent the last six years in school. I would have hoped the ACN opportunity dropped in my lap a few years earlier. I would travel more and spend more time with people that I care about. 


32. What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human?  I think all (mentally healthy/stable) people desire to be wanted. 


33. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?  Wow! That's a hefty responsibility. I don't think there's one book that I read in high school that really stands out as stellar. However, I would choose something either fiction or a well-written biography, that is motivational, inspiring, and full of personal development tidbits. 


34. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?  I would prefer to be self-employed! But given those options, I would rather have more work that I enjoy. 


35. What is important enough to go to war over?  Stolen liberties. 


36. Which is worse, failing or never trying?  Never trying. If you never try, you can't possibly succeed. If you fail, you have the opportunity to overcome failure and strengthen your resolve. 


37. When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?  I spent some time running on the treadmill earlier this afternoon. It was pretty hard to miss. :)


38. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?  I organize my closet in a strange way. I also answer the questions, "How are you," and "How was your day," differently than most people.  


39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you?  Freedom is paramount. Freedom is more important than safety. Freedom is also something you earn. It is something you work for. And if you work hard enough, it is something you can achieve. 


40. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?  Wow; that's a tough one. I am not a worrier, nor am I a simpleton. And I would prefer not to be either. However, I suppose I would rather be happy than worry all the time, simpleton or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment