Friday, July 1, 2011

Honey; I'm home!!

I got back in town Monday morning around 4 o'clock. What an amazing two weeks, and a total whirlwind! I had such a wonderful time in Alaska, catching up with family and friends. Then Thursday, Mike, Jacey, and Josh piled in the car, picked me up at the airport, and we headed off to Walnut Creek again! The ACN International event started in San Jose on Friday and lasted through the weekend.

What an inspirational, uplifting, and motivational time! And not all of it was part of the leadership. I was in bed Saturday night, and Josh asked from across the room - "What is holding you back from reaching your full potential?"

Wow. It's like I told him the next morning - that was probably the most unintentionally motivational question anyone has ever asked me. I answered him when he asked, and then thought about the question for probably another fifteen minutes before responding thoroughly. What really struck me about that, perhaps even more than his question, is that in 36 hours, Josh saw in me something that I didn't see in myself. He believes I can move mountains. He believes in me more than I believe in myself. That realization was powerful for me.

And now this week has been a tornado of sorts, too! Got back Monday, obviously. Tuesday, went to my Ballet Aerobics class in the morning, and then stopped by the office since Tami wanted to see me. Was given the option of being terminated or resigning, since my Europe vacation is "too disruptive" now that Tami knows she wasn't the first one to be told about my travel plans. Curious that she was willing to hold my job for the entire summer when I was going to visit family, but now that I'm going to Europe with a man, she wants to replace me. Oh well! Then I did my first hot yoga class Tuesday night. Love it! Wednesday, my birthday coupons expired, so I got my free flatbread from Boston's and some $0.65 nutella crepes from IHOP. Thursday, I spent two miles on the treadmill, and I did leg weights for the first time since 2003. We'll see what today has in store! Probably some more hot yoga, some more ballerobica, and perhaps some more time on the treadmill.

In other news, I called the project manager for the house today to see what the deal is with the flooring, since the cabinets were installed on Monday. I had hoped the flooring would be completed tomorrow, so I could move in on Saturday. No such luck, though. Apparently the linoleum we chose is special-order only and will take two weeks to come in, so we have to choose something else. And they don't want to do the carpet in one go and come back for the linoleum, because the flooring contractor would charge extra. So instead of being able to get my bedroom ready this Saturday as I was hoping, I'll have to wait until I'm home from San Diego next weekend. Eight days to move into my home, unpack all my boxes, get settled, pack for Europe, and head out again!! Thankfully Kris and Tony have both offered to help, because I have a feeling I'll be a little overwhelmed doing everything myself.

Life is one big adventure! I love that I can smile at whatever life tosses my way, and know that I'll make do, no matter what.

Live a life of permanent purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment