Monday, July 18, 2011

At the airport!!

Things are finally getting real. I am sitting at gate 15 in the Phoenix airport waiting to board my flight to Detroit. I should have eaten lunch and didn't realize that I hadn't until a few minutes ago. A few granola bars will have to tide me over until Detroit, I suppose.

I'm sitting near some rude girl who is probably about my age, cackling about how hilarious it is that a friend of hers joined the air force and "became" a lesbian. Joyous.

The check-in process wasn't as smooth as I had hoped. First my passport wouldn't scan and then the woman couldn't find my reservation in the system. It took probably 20 minutea to complete, and when they finally took my bag (I checked my pack), the woman told me I travel light. 22 lb pack for my 30 day trip. I'm pretty impressed with myself for that one.

I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off this morning trying to get ready. Rei, grocery store, best buy, post office. Fun stuff. I bought a new camera, and got a spiffy backpack from rei that weighs less than three ounces.

Jace and mike dropped me off at the airport. Jacey brought me some if her amazing cookies so I sat here moping, eating one earlier. I really am going to miss them. I know I will see them in September but going from living together and seeing each other every day to not seeing each other for almost two months makes me sad just thinking about it. They have been such amazing friends, I don't even know how to put it into words.

I packed the rest of my cookies I made yesterday, and they are already squished in my little pack. Oh well! Still tasty.

I think I'm going to sign off here and pack up. We should be boarding soon. I will try to update often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment