Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh hi there, 6AM hangover.

Day drinking is a bad idea.

Day drinking on a first date is probably a worse idea.

And Mom, you probably shouldn't read this one.

Sometimes I'm not the most responsible person I know. Yesterday was one of those times. Super Attractive Man (can we just call him SAM? That sounds much easier) had asked me out on a lunch date with friends. Awesome, right? I had initially told him that I wouldn't be able to stay long because I had a 1 o'clock class that I couldn't miss. Well I got an email from the professor that morning saying she had already uploaded that day's recorded lecture, so I changed my mind.

Hung out, had lunch and a few beers (I don't know why I let PBR ruin me for so long. There are some delicious brews out there!), bullshitted. We were there for almost three hours. We finally decided we should probably get a move on and either move the party elsewhere or head home, so of course we decided to hit Mill Ave for happy hour.

Poor choice. For me, anyway.

We headed straight to Canteen. Got a round of tequila & pineapple juice shots. Then ordered margaritas. I only ordered one. Then I think Awesome Chick ordered another one for me when I was in the bathroom. Then I wasn't paying attention and ended up with a third.

Uh oh.

SAM drove me home, and Army Guy took my car. I woke up on the couch just after midnight.

Things I learned yesterday:

  • I work with the most amazing group of people. Truly. The people are what made me go back for the last two years, and working there, I value them even more. Some guy that I just met a month ago drove my car home for me because I was irresponsible. He could have shoved me in SAM's car and said "See ya!" but he didn't. And I love that. [Side note: In all my years of driving, I have never once let anyone drive any of my vehicles. Never. Not even the guy I was dating for four years. So the fact that I even trusted him with my car says a LOT.]
  • Awesome Chick has apparently been dreaming of a baby-making relationship for SAM and me. She told him on the day I was hired that we will make beautiful ginger babies. She told me yesterday she loves me and she is 100% behind SAM and I dating if that's what happens. She went on and on about how wonderful he is. Fantastic. 
  • SAM is apparently super excited for our date this Saturday. And he held my hand yesterday. Adorable! <3
And today turned out surprisingly awesome, too. Texted a bit with SAM, told him I'd bring cookies in tomorrow as a peace offering. Went through some super ridiculous drama. I love it when someone on the internet tries to cause shit between my real friends and me. Sorry, guys. Not interested. And out of that mess, I gained new understanding and dropped a ridiculous old grudge. And tonight, I was invited (and asked to bring SAM!) to a beautiful friend's wedding in two weeks. She is so amazing and inspirational and I feel so honored and blessed that she invited me to play a part in her special day. I truly can't say enough good about her, and I feel so special right now. 

Didn't get the chance to swing by Old Navy for jeans before their sale ended today. I hung out at home like a hungover slob all morning, and then didn't feel like going anywhere this afternoon. Oh well! I'll find something and make it work. 

My life is amazing, and I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in it. For the first time since I moved here, I feel like I'm actually making quality friendships rather than the surface friendships I've made in the past. 

Not even the fact that I missed my P-Chem quiz today can bring me down. And on that note, I have some German homework to finish. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment