I got this list from Marc and Angel - a blog that I subscribe to. The questions are much more interesting than the ones I've encountered thus far with my 5,000 question survey, so I thought I would add them into the mix.
1. When was the last time you tried something new? I had a new meal for dinner tonight. :) A new experience though? Probably Friday. I hung out with someone from CouchSurfing and we went to the First Friday art walk.
2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to? My peers - people I attended school with in elementary/middle/high school, as well as people I have had classes with in the last few years. I also occasionally ask myself how I'm measuring up to my own standards and the standards of my parents.
3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say? I used to have a huge quote collection. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, but I would insert any of a number of inspirational, live-life-to-the-fullest quotes here. Perhaps "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." I am a huge proponent of every-day-is-a-new-day.
4. What gets you excited about life? Many things. Success gets me excited. It hints at what I can have and experience. Travel gets me excited. It again hints at what I can have and experience. A beautiful day gets me excited. It's amazing just to live in a beautiful place where I can appreciate day-to-day life.
5. What life lesson did you learn the hard way? Not sure that it's a life lesson, but I certainly learned that my parents truly do want only the best for me.
6. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago? Five years ago, I had just graduated high school. I wish I had spent more time cultivating who I was as a person instead of being boy-crazy and following the guy I thought I loved around the country.
7. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know? I am inquisitive and almost never take anything at face-value. I love to learn new things and therefore am always questioning.
8. Who do you love and what are you doing about it? I love myself, and I am exercising more regularly to be the healthiest I can be. I'd like me to stick around for a while. I also love my friends and I try to tell them often - not usually in as many words, but by my actions.
9. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree? I believe the government is not here to protect our safety. I believe the pornoscanners are highly unconstitutional, and a violation of our rights.
10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago? I can smile much more easily. I can go an entire month without arguing with the people I live with. I can live my life the way I want to, without feeling I have to answer to anyone else.
11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? It can be both, but generally I view crying as a sign of strength. Maybe it's because I don't cry easily, but I definitely think crying is a huge release of emotion and it shouldn't be frowned upon. It's endearing when guys cry, too.
12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would like to think I'm not hugely concerned about the opinion of others, but I know that's not entirely true. If I knew no one would judge me, I would probably be much more of a hippie than I am.
13. Do you celebrate the things you do have? I try to, yes. I try to find joy in the small things.
14. What is the difference between living and existing? To exist is merely to move around, breathing air. To truly live is to cherish experiences and make memories. Living is experiencing life and valuing precious moments.
15. If not now, then when? There is no time like the present.
16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering? Life is always worth remembering. :) I have made new friends and cherished new experiences. I have cooked new meals and tried new food. I have been spontaneous and made decisions that will help shape the rest of my life.
17. What does your joy look like today? My joy looks like the pool at the Scottsdale Hilton - green, blue, and purple. A warm evening with a slight breeze. Contentment. That is my joy today.
18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word? Yes. Lying by omission is still lying.
19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend? Admittedly, not long. I am way too hard on myself. I know that I am, but it's a hard habit to break.
20. Which activities make you lose track of time? Anything where I'm having fun! The number one for me would be reading, though. I can easily read until the sun comes up, and have countless times.