Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Part four of the 5,000 question survey

301. List 5 things you have not experienced that you would like to experience before you die.

A  Visit Ireland


B  Visit all seven continents


C  Get married


D  Go skydiving


E  Read everything on the list of top 100 classics. 



302. Will you try to accomplish any of these things within the next year?  I might go skydiving. The rest won't happen. 


303. What do you feel controlled by?  Myself, and others' expectations of me. 


304. If Jesus appeared to you and told you that the moon was made of green cheese would you believe him?  I probably would have a difficult time believing that it was Jesus in the first place. But no, I would not believe the moon was made of cheese. Science has proven otherwise. 


305. What is one thing you are sure of?  Life should be lived with no regrets. 


306. At what part of the day do you feel the most alert?  Mid to late afternoon, probably. Or just after a workout.



307. Have you ever played in a band?  Not played, but I was in a vocal group that recorded a CD when I was younger. 


308. Have you ever stared into the ocean thinking 'early creatures crawled outta that'?  Can't say that I have, no. 


309. If not, what do you think of when you are staring into the ocean?  Generally I'm just appreciating the beauty - how vast, expansive, and awesome the ocean is. And sometimes I'm reminded of how smelly it is. 


310. Do you like the mental challenge of chess or other games?  I love chess and sudoku!


311. Do you ever think of where your atoms were before they were in you?  Not generally, no.


312. Do you ever think about where your atoms will go after they have been in you?  They'll go back into the atmosphere. I don't really care where. 


313. If you didn't know that people couldn't fly do you think that you could?  Um, no.


314. Are you someone that others call when they're having a problem and want to talk about it?  Generally, yes.


315. When it comes to literature, do you see beyond the writing and into the meaning intended by the author?  I think it's interesting to suppose an intended meaning, but I think it's unwise to assume that the author intended XYZ with their writing. 


316. Is there anything you can take apart completely, and then put back together, and have no left over parts?  I'm sure there is. I generally don't do handy-man work, though, so I can't think of anything off the top of my head. 


317. What are your feelings about the death penalty?  I have no problem with it. 


318. If there was a god and you could ask him/her one question what would it be?  I do believe there is a God. I would probably ask Him what my path is in life and where it will take me. I think the journey is interesting, but I'm all about destinations and what comes next. 


319. Do you believe that life will be found on other planets?  In our solar system, probably not. In our galaxy, probably. And in other galaxies, I'm sure. It is foolish to believe that we are the only life out there. 


320. What is something worth suffering for?  Love


321. If you could put an extra eye on your body anywhere you wanted, where would you put it?  Hmmm. Interesting question. Probably on the back of my head or on the back of my neck. But perhaps on my hand. That would be pretty cool, too. 


322. Are you in touch with the earth and nature?  I consider myself to be part hippie. I don't know that I am "in touch with" the earth, but I certainly appreciate it and live a holistic/minimalistic lifestyle. 


323. Would you rather live simply or extravagently?  Simply. I love to travel. Experiences are much more important to me than things. 


324. Have you ever been camping?  Of course.


325. Is your heart open when you meet someone new?  Open to friendship? Usually, depending on the initial impression I get. 


326. Are you able to have conversations with and become friends with people who are not like you and are interested in different things than you are?  Of course. Variety is the spice of life. If all my friends were just like me, things would be pretty boring. 


327. Are strangers more beautiful or frightening to you?  Neither. I don't think strangers are automatically frightening just because I don't know them. I also don't necessarily admire them. 


328. What stops you from doing everything you want to do?  Myself. Sometimes funds. Sometimes fear. Sometimes responsibility. 


329. Can you think of three adjective that do not apply to you at all?  Hostile, mean, and insincere


330. How do you feel about Jeremy Jaynes, who got a nine year prison sentence for spamming people with junk email (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jaynes)?  Eh, from that article, I don't have much of an opinion. 


331. Do you know who the current premier of China is? No, but I know how to use Google. 


332. Are you very active?  No, but I am trying to become more active. 


333. Is there a city that reminds you of the landscape of your brain?  The landscape of my brain? What a bizarre question. No. 


334. Have you ever loved someone who has loved you back?  Of course.


335. Is it really being 'in love with' someone if the other person doesn't love you?  I don't think so, no.


336. Do you believe that there is someone perfect for everyone or that people just fall in love with who ever they are with at the time?  I don't believe in the concept of one soulmate. 


337. Do you know secret things?  I know other people's secrets. 


338. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have?  I live life without regrets. 


339. How do you overcome your fears?  There's really not much I'm afraid of, other than beetles. And that's probably not something that's going to be overcome. 


340. What can you do better than anyone you know?  Math. Anything with numbers. I have always excelled in that area. 


341. Would you benefit from a wilder existence?  I'm living life a little more spontaneously, but I can't quite handle a wild existence as a student. 


342. Does it seem to you like the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting smaller or larger?  Larger, definitely. As a country, we have gone from thinking women were so beneath men that their voices and opinions were devalued, to allowing same-sex couples to marry. That's a huge shift in socially acceptable behavior and social constructs. 


343. Have you ever fired a gun?  Yes.


344. Are people becoming more afraid of each other?  I guess? I don't really know how to answer that question. Crime rates are rising, so perhaps. 


345. If you had to choose the percentage of freedom vs. safety what ratio would you decide on (ex: 100% free 0% safe)?  Personal freedom and safety? 50%/50%. Provided by the government? Their job is not to keep me safe. It is to protect my freedoms. 100%free, 0%safe. 


346. Does safety stifle you?  Not generally, no.


347. Who or what needs to be stopped?  Terrorism, war, abuse of government power, the rising obesity trends... 


348. Are human beings becoming more domesticated?  No? You can domesticate plants and animals, but not people. 


349. Do you follow the lives of the British Royal Family?  Definitely not. 


350. How did the death of Pope John Paul II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_II) affect you?  Not at all. 



351. Have you ever lost something and never found it?  Yep. My pair of $130 Saucony running shoes. I "lost" them in Katie's house. 



352. Do you listen to any talk radio shows?  Not regularly. If there is one on that interests me, I don't rush to change the station. But I don't seek them out. 


353. Who do you trust more, your friends or your parents?  I trust both with various things. I seek out my parents for certain decisions and my friends for others. 


354. Would you ever date someone outside of your race or religion?  Race, yes. Religion, perhaps. I know I want to raise my kids in my religion, and that's a discussion that would need to be had. 


355. Which of the 7 deadly sins in the worst (gluttony, greed, pride, lust, envy, wrath, sloth)?  Greed


356. Which one are you most guilty of?  Sloth


357. Are you afraid to be alone with yourself?  Definitely not. I do it all the time. 

Do you try to avoid thinking?  Definitely not. I aspire to be a life-long learner. 


358. Would you venture to tell someone you loved him or her if they didn't say it first?  I don't know. I think it might end up happening, though. 


359. What are you the most sensitive about?  My level of success. If I disappoint someone, it is the worst feeling in the world. 


360. What can you talk about for hours? Math, history, literature, Europe, dance, music, nutrition and cooking... lots of things. 


361. Do you talk about yourself, other people, or ideas the most?  I would like to think that I talk about ideas and others much more than I talk about myself. 


362. Do you believe that spell casting can work?  Absolutely not. 


363. Are you a fan of The Legend of Zelda games?  I've only played one (Wind Waker, or Wind-something-or-another) and thought it was dumb. 


364. What old movie would you go see if it were re-released in the movie theaters?  I'm not big on movies in theater. I'd probably go see either Rent or Phantom in theaters again, though. 


365. Is there a celebrity that you would be too starstruck to talk to if you met them?  Probably Darius Rucker. <3 I don't really follow Hollywood celebs, so meeting one wouldn't phase me. 


366. Have you ever left a mean unsigned note?  I don't think so, no. 


367. Do you think it's cheesy to paste things you didn't write into your diary?  Not at all, if you give credit where credit is due. Sometimes there's a great quote laying around that needs to be remembered. 


368. What are three things that you try not to think about?  Nasty bugs, failure, and discontent. 


369. Is casual sex acceptable for you?  Not at this point in my life, no. I used to be okay with it but I don't foresee myself being okay with casual sex from here on out. 


370. What form of sexual protection do you use?  Right now, abstinence. 


371. What is expected of you that you feel is unnatural or not right?  Nothing, really. My parents expect success and that's not unreasonable. The expectations of others really aren't a huge deal to me. 


372. Do you sometimes place your own expectations on other people?  I try not to, but I do sometimes. 


373. Do you sometimes act overeager to make friends when you are around strangers?  I don't think so, no. I don't open up to strangers very easily, in fact. 


374. Do you take everything that is said literally?  For the most part, yes. Unless I know someone is joking or usually jokes around, I take what they say literally. Better to do that than assume they are kidding and be disappointed with the result. 


375. Do you take most things others say seriously?  ...yes. I'm not sure how that's a different question. 


376. Do you have a quick wit?  Sometimes. It depends on the situation and who I'm with. If I'm around funny people, I generally can come up with come-backs much more quickly. 


377. Do you believe in the need for political correctness?  Most times, yes. The word "retarded" is pretty offensive to me. 


378. Do you have strong opinions and beliefs?  On some things, yes. I definitely stand on my convictions. 


379. If yes, can you still hang out with and be friends with people who disagree with you?  Of course. Variety is the spice of life, again. 


380. Are you uptight?  Apparently I come off that way to some people. I don't think I am. 


381. Do you sometimes do risky things?  Not really. I'm a pretty spontaneous person, but I'm not a big risk taker. 


382. Could just about anyone hold your interest in a conversation for at least ten minutes?  No. I require intelligent conversation, or conversation about something I'm interested in. I can certainly feign interest for ten minutes, but I don't expect that a stranger could hold my interest for that long. 


383. Are you self-conscious?  About my body, yes. 


384. What would be your ideal destination for a Saturday afternoon?  Right now, somewhere relaxing! I do enjoy getting out and traipsing around town, though. If I was feeling better, I'd probably say hiking somewhere. 


385. Does anyone have a video tape of you doing soemthing embaressing?  I'm sure I do. 


386. What is Kevin Smith’s(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith) best movie?  The only one I've seen is Coyote Ugly.


387. Where do you like to go on Friday or Saturday nights?  Depends on my mood. If we're dancing, then Robbie Fox's. For a laid-back night, Skip & Jan's. 


388. Do you like your friends to act the same way all the time or do you accept their moods and changes?  People aren't always going to stay in the same mood. Obviously I expect moods to change and situations to change. No one can grow without change. 


389. Do you often feel like other people are judging you?  Not really, no. 


390. What do you think other people judge you to be like?  Apparently I come off as uptight and stand-offish. 


391. Are you quick to judge others?  I am more judgmental than I would like to be. I think I'm pretty open to meeting new people, though. 


392. When you have a fight with someone do you want to talk about it right away or calm down first and then talk?  A little bit of both. I want to resolve things as quickly as possible, but if the discussion isn't had when both parties are calm, then it likely won't go anywhere. 


393. Some say love is a river (according to the old song). What do you say love is?  The song actually says that love is a rose. I don't know what I would use to define love. 


394. What is the worst fault a person can have?  Being dishonest


395. Do you have it?  No. Honesty is the single most important thing to me. Without honesty, you can't have trust or true communication. 


396. Which do you think has more impact on a person’s character, genetics or environment?  Environment


397. Who was your first best friend?  Natelie and Jamie, in kindergarten. 


398. If you are not best friends anymore, what came between you?  Nat and I are still bffs! Jamie moved out of state in 4th grade. When we did meet up again about five years ago, we were obviously on very different paths in life. 


399. Who have you read a biography about?  Countless people. The biography I'm most proud to have is that of Winston Churchill, autographed by his daughter. 


400. What would your own autobiography be called?  I haven't ever thought about it, and it's too late for me to come up with something witty. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment