Thursday, August 25, 2011

365 thought-provoking questions: Questions 41 - 68

41. If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?  Life is too short to live it with regrets. Do what you want to do, don't do what you don't want to, and learn from your mistakes rather than regretting them. 

42. What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?  Honesty. Without honesty, you cannot have trust or communication. Honesty is the foundation of all relationships. 

43. What are you most grateful for?  I am grateful that I have a loving family who provides for me. I don't have to worry about most of my bills here, because they are taken care of for me. 

44. Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?  Stealing is always wrong. Food banks, shelters - there are ways to provide for a starving child other than stealing. 


45. What do you want most?  Happiness and success

46. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?  I think I have a pretty good grasp on doing the right things. I worry probably more than I should about doing things right. 


47. What has life taught you recently?  Life is full of surprises! Good or bad, things rarely go according to plan. 

48. What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?  I would eliminate FGM. 


49. Where do you find inspiration?  Most often, I find inspiration in nature or through introspection. 

50. Can you describe your life in a six word sentence?  Always strive to make others proud. 


51. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?  We are afraid to admit - both to others and to ourselves - that we have failed at something. Making a mistake inherently means you haven't completely succeeded at whatever it was you were trying to do, which means at least there was at least a small failure somewhere. We are afraid to make a mistake and reveal that we don't know it all, or can't do something. 

52. What impact do you want to leave on the world?  Certainly a positive one! I hope that people dwell less on the negative and appreciate the positive more often as a result of knowing me. 


53. What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?  Probably a day in March, 2003, when I learned that people are not always good. I lost my innocent and naive outlook on life that day. 

54. In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?  I definitely try to slow down and appreciate the small things every day. I can't think of anything that I am missing, but I may need to think a little more on this one. 


55. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?  The first, out of a feeling of obligation. The thing that came to mind immediately when reading this question was work. Very few people actually have a job they enjoy, but they have to work out of necessity. You can't survive in today's society unless you have a steady income. On the flip side of the question - I think people take life too seriously. We are also generally material people and not experience-focused people, so we miss out on doing a lot of things because we are so concerned with how we look to others. 

56. What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?  Many things! Music. Reflection in nature. Wonderful people. Sometimes even wonderful food. I really try to appreciate the little things. 


57. Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?  Of course. I think I have regretted things I haven't done more than things I have. 

58. Has your greatest fear ever come true?  Yes. Last month, actually. 


59. Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?  Once someone is gone, we don't have the chance to make any more memories or to apologize for past slights. When they are gone, we can't change things anymore and we generally spend time regretting that. 

60. What is your most beloved childhood memory?  The one that comes to mind is ice skating on Westchester Lagoon one weekend morning. We didn't have much money, but we always had ice skates. 


61. Is it more important to love or be loved?  Both are important at different ages and life stages, I think. At this point in my life, it is more important to me to love. 

62. If it all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?  I would like to think it would help me. I try to leave a positive impact on everyone. 


63. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?  In my own life? No. I believe that I have learned and grown from all my experiences. 

64. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?  I would finish my 101 list, for sure! I would travel to all seven continents. I would bungee-jump off the Europe bridge, drive on the wrong side of the road, and go hang-gliding. 


65. What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?  Falling in love is something done almost unconsciously. Being in love is a daily choice. 

66. Who do you think stands between you and happiness?  I am the only one that stands between me and my own happiness. I am in control of my own life and my own feelings. If I am not happy, it is because I have either allowed something to affect me negatively, or because I am not doing enough to make myself happy. 


67. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?  Innocence is a lack of experience. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. 

68. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?  Life goes on. No matter what situation you find yourself in, the world is moving. You can choose to dwell on things or you can choose to not less life pass you by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment