Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I have puppies!

I updated last night and didn't have an internet connection to post, so here are both last night's and today's entries. :)




Last night's entry:

I am sitting here not doing anything productive after going through my textbooks, getting ready to put them online. I have 14 textbooks and a few other assorted books. Even if I only get 50 bucks for each of them, that's 700 dollars! And I don't even think those are all my textbooks. I still have several boxes to unpack here.

Books, clothes, Passion Parties stuff, random crap around the house – I'm hoping I can sell off a decent amount of stuff in the next two weeks, since tuition is due on the 7th. Yikes! I guess I should have been a little more selective with my spending when I was in Europe. Sadly, most of it was on food.

Speaking of saving money (sorta), I used a 5 dollar off coupon at Fresh & Easy today, so I'm up to $5.50. That's more than 5 percent toward my goal! Not a huge step, but I'm making progress.

I had intended on starting my herb garden this weekend, but if I'm going to be out of town next weekend, I'm not sure that I want to commit to that. I'm planning on growing from seeds, so I shouldn't leave them alone for too long unsupervised. I also haven't written my thank-you notes to Mr. Brown & Mrs. Phillips, which I was going to try to complete by the end of this month. I also still have about ten to go on my happy list, which was the third of my goals I had intended to complete in August. Oh well! I'm plugging along. I will get to them when I can.

I almost got to cross the Courchsurfer host one off my list this past weekend, but then the guy tried to get a little too cozy with my bum. No thanks. So he didn't stay here.

I'm getting pretty sleepy. It's past midnight and I went to bed last night at 8:30. It was wonderful, but not so conducive to late nights now. I'm going to go get ready for bed. Ciao!

---
And tonight's!

I just got back from dropping Kris and her family off at the airport. I have two rambunctious puppies, a pistol, a lock box of painkillers, an HHR, and a steam cleaner to keep me company for the next week.

I put 17 books on Amazon earlier today, and have sold two of them already! I think between the two, I made about $175. I like this! Unfortunately it's still probably nowhere near what I paid for them, but it's more than I had yesterday, so I suppose I can't complain.

I love my hot yoga studio. I wish it wasn't so expensive. If I signed up for auto-pay, it would be $75/mo. That's quite a bit more than I would like to spend – especially since I can only make it to three classes per week.

I'm getting pretty sleepy, so I think I'm going to get started on this homework and then head to bed. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment