Monday, August 8, 2011

As promised,

an update from Krakow!

I took the night train here last night and got in around 7:30 this morning. Staying at the GlobArt hostel. It's super tiny and has one bathroom/toilet for the entire floor... a little weird/awkward, but I'll get by. The bathroom lock is an awkward one and the door still opens slightly even when locked, so I quasi walked in on someone earlier. Not fun.

I was really hoping this place would have a stove. No dice. They have a microwave but I'm not really interested in microwaving my Italian rice, which is the only thing other than fruit that I have with me. So it looks like I will be going to the ATM again layer for polish money. I had hoped to avoid that since I'm here fir such a shirt time. Oh well.

I am feeling less miserable than I did earlier this morning, but I am far from on top of my game right now. I have downed more than a liter of water which I think probably helped. I might head down to the pharmacy later (when I muster up the strength to leave for lunch) and get something for my nose/head. So instead of being out exploring, I have been relaxing at the hostel. I planned out my school schedule for spring semester and think I was fairly productive. Completed my exit loan counseling and realized that I don't have as much money as I thought I did to cover tuition. I hope my insurance claim for this ticket goes through quickly or I might be disappointed.

Still haven't heard from wing. Hope he is still planning on meeting up here! I have a one way train ticket and made no plans so that would be mighty unfortunate if we aren't able yo find each other. Next time I'm bringing a phone.

I also did a major overhaul on my 101 list earlier today. Check it out! I'm happier with most of my changes. I took off a lot of the "fun" goals and tried to make them a little more substantial.

Going to go grab my bed before other people check in, I suppose. more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment