Sunday, September 25, 2011

I am a fat kid, photos, and a new job!

Sooooo. . . I made no-bake cookies. Again. For the second time in a week. I changed up the recipe because I was almost out of white sugar after the last batch, and holy cow. I love them even more now. 

They don't look much different than the others, but they're even tastier, in my humble opinion. 

1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
scant 2 cups packed brown sugar
4 Tbsp. unsweetened Ghiradelli cocoa (the brand makes all the difference!)
vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oats

Mix the first 4 ingredients together on the stove. Let boil for 90 seconds. Remove from heat and add in the last three ingredients. Spoon onto wax paper and let cool. 

Amazing!

And my day 9 photo: 
I had an interview today, and subsequently landed the job! (Please forgive the mess in the background and my dirty mirror. I'm still unpacking and that's my empty room which has been serving as a catch-all right now.) I start on Friday. 

I also had some modeling work this morning. 200 bucks for about an hour and a half worth of work. No complaints here! 

I stayed the night at Kris's last night since my modeling gig this morning was out in Litchfield Park, and I was already over there for the BBQ at her neighbor's house. (I'm going to the Chris Young concert with Lori, by the way! Super excited.) Came home this afternoon and took a two-hour nap. 

I sold another textbook on Amazon today for over 70 bucks. I have a bunch of 'em to mail tomorrow, which should be right around 100 dollars in my pocket soon. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. 

I have well over half my to-do list crossed off right now. I'm trying to see how many more I can get accomplished by the end of the night. We'll see! I have a headache so most of the cleaning is probably out. I have 24 things left (out of 60). Most of them involve either cleaning or phone calls that have to be made during business hours. I'm aiming to cross off another 4 tonight, though. That would be 67 percent of my list down, and I'm more than happy with that number! 

I'm off to work on homework. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment