Thursday, September 15, 2011

I forgot to mention...

I totally rocked my Java test yesterday! Like, 99 percent sure I got an A. 

But the best part of yesterday was the High Performance Computing forum I went to. Aside from the food (chocolate covered strawberries, marinated artichoke hearts, delicious veggies, tasty desserts...), we learned about the new developments from INTEL that are in the works (a 22nm microprocessor, with plans for 17nm and 14nm). I also listened to Tim Alpers talk about Watson for an hour... and then got to play some Jeopardy! with Watson!! Super exciting! One of the guys in the audience actually beat him on a question. We talked about Watson's reasoning process... I took some pictures that I'll upload a little later. 

I've been getting nasty headaches at the base of my skull on the left side for two days now. Gross. 

I have about two hours of studying left before I have to head off to my P-Chem test. Guess I should get on that! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment