Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm a busy little bee!


So of my library books I have checked out, three of them are due in three days (around noon on the 5th). I have 120 pages to read in one of them, 200 pages to read in another, and 225 pages to read in the last. I have a feeling I might not finish all three before they need to be returned. Thankfully the other three, I have six, seven, and ten days before they are returned, so hopefully I'll be able to finish those.

The rotten puppies got in a pretty nasty fight after I gave them a bath last night and were putting them back in their kennel to take them home. My arm got in the middle of it. Not terribly pleased – mostly with Twister, even though she wasn't the one that bit me, since she was the one that started it. Once you get her in the kennel, she's a little hellion, too. Still not sure how I'm going to get them in the kennel without a fight this morning. This should be an adventure.

I found a roach on my living room floor this morning. The puppies had brought in a few leaves last night, it was early, and I wasn't really paying attention, so I thought that's what it was. Then I looked at it a little closer and saw that it was a bug, but thought it was dead. So I picked up my shoe and knocked it toward the entry-way. It stayed on the carpet and moved a leg, so I thought that maybe it was dying (since it takes roaches a few days to die sometimes). I knocked it across the floor again and this time, it landed in the entry way and took off running. Oh hell no. That sucker met my shoe with a quickness. Unfortunately yesterday was bug man day, so I have to wait until next Thursday to get them to spray. I'd better not discover any of his pals between now and then.

School is really overwhelming. Java is easier than I thought it would be, but everything else is pretty brutal. O-Chem? Understandably brutal. P-Chem? Freakishly boring, so when I sit down to do the homework, I haven't been paying a ton of attention to what's been going on in class, and have to go over everything again myself. German? Both of my German classes assign SO MUCH homework. Every day. And math... well I've blogged about my math class / professor a few times now. I think we all know how I feel about him. I never thought I would say that my programming class is what keeps me sane, but here is it. Probably proof that I'm not sane at all, in fact.

My to-do list for today:
- Mail the five Amazon books I've sold so far (yay!!), plus the one for Kris.
- Head over to Kris's house and get the baby gate and the book she sold.
- Mail Jill's shirt!
- Send off the restoration company's survey to Dad so he can look it over.
- Pay for Sapling: my O-Chem homework website.
- Buy my Charlotte ticket!
- Finish my O-Chem homework
- Work on freerice. Donate 1,200 grains today.
- Call to dispute all the crazy charges from my CU1 account.
And, of course,
- Exercise for 60 minutes. I think I'm going to try to go for a run here in the condo gym.

I'm also going to try to head to bed a little early tonight, since I'm meeting my walking group at 5:45 in the morning, and then Olga and I are going hiking tomorrow with some other awesome ladies. Woohoo! Exercise galore tomorrow.

Off to class again. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment