Monday, October 17, 2011

365 Questions: 141 - 150


141. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?  Of course. Some things just aren't attainable. If you continue to pour all of yourself into an empty or unattainable goal, you will lose yourself and/or be miserable.  

142. What makes you proud?  Of myself? Doing well in school. Completing a difficult task or goal. Of others? If they are proud of themselves, then I generally am as well. 


143. How do you find the strength to do what you know in your heart is right?  That has never really been difficult for me. If I know it to be right, I do it. 

144. Where do you find peace?  In myself, ultimately. I get there through yoga, or a good book, a long blogging session, a chat with a friend, or an awesome soak in the tub. 


145. When have you worked hard and loved every minute of it?  When working out. On a regular basis, I don't work as hard as I should. 

146. How short would your life have to be before you would start living differently today?  If I knew I would die in the next 10 - 15 years, I would make different decisions. 


147. Is it better to have loved and lost or to have never loved at all?  Loved and lost. To never know love would be so sad. Everyone deserves to know love. 

148. What would you do if you made a mistake and somebody died?  Yikes. I would hope never to be in that position. The only thing you really can do is apologize profusely, learn from your mistake, and move on. That sounds callous, I'm sure, but if you dwell on something like that - particularly the responsibility for taking someone else's life - you will be miserable. 


149. Who do you trust and why?  Erika. Nat. Jacey and Mike. My parents. Ryan. Kris and Dave. I trust a lot of different people for a lot of different reasons. Generally, either they have had plenty of opportunity to hurt me and haven't, or they have and have made things right. All of the people I mentioned, I would trust with my life. I trust that they ultimately have my best interest in mind. With the exception of the two couples, they are people that I have known for more than 15 years. And the two couples - I don't even have words for how much they have changed my life. They both mean the world to me and I trust them to the ends of the earth and back. 

150. If you were forced to eliminate every physical possession from your life with the exception of what could fit into a single backpack, what would you put in it?  My phone, my laptop and portable HD, my eReader, my math clock, my purse, my wallet, my new boots, my green lace heels, a few pairs of cute undies, some of my closet favorites... How big is this backpack we're talking about? :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment