Monday, October 3, 2011

Beer chili!

I have had some ground beef in the fridge for a few days now and decided I needed to finally get around to making chili with it. So I headed to the grocery store just before 10 tonight, and grabbed some essentials.

Beer chili!

1 yellow pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
chili powder
hamburger
1 bottle beer

Cook the onion, garlic, and peppers in a little bit of EVOO. Add in the hamburger after the veggies are soft. Cook until meat is done. Dump in the beans, chili powder, and a bottle of beer. Let simmer as long as you feel like! (I cooked it for 15 - 20 minutes.)

I also usually put an orange pepper in there, but I didn't feel like cutting that one up tonight.

Here's tonight's dinner, topped with some shredded cheese!


I used an amber ale that Mark recommended. I have used something a little lighter in the past, but this was still tasty. I might have liked it a little more, actually.

I have 12 of my 50 weekly items crossed off the list. I'm glad I'm a tiny bit ahead - especially since I work both Thursday and Friday!

Went to Mellow Mushroom for a late lunch today, thanks to my Groupon that expired tonight. I wasn't totally impressed. It's definitely no Moose's Tooth. And really wasn't worth the $28 that my bill came to. I suppose I'll review it as one of my new restaurants visited... you'll probably see more about it later.

I have some homework to do before bed, so I'm outta here for the night. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment