Monday, October 10, 2011

Bath time with birdy!

I used to take Raj out every morning and have her in the bathroom with me when I'd take a shower. That was her usual social time. Then, I went on vacation and after I came back, she would scream and yell and hoot and holler every morning and I didn't feel like spending time with her. I usually felt a little bit like wringing her neck when she started screeching at 7AM.

She has since re-learned how to behave, and I got up early this morning, so I brought her into the bathroom with me again. She usually hangs out either on the shower rod or on my head. The latter is not so conducive to showering, so usually I'll go about my business as usual, and she'll fly off somewhere when I dunk my head back under the water. Today, it was to the top of my little storage shelf thing I have in there.

So, without further ado, my adorable birdy!
She was trying to eat the string on my loofah. Goofball.

Mark was leaving as I was heading into work this morning. We chatted a little about my awesome beer chili, and I think I just agreed to bring in Thanksgiving dinner if I work on Thanksgiving.

And to top off my awesome day, I got a 94% on my German oral exam this morning! It would have been even higher if I hadn't fed Jessica all the talking points. I didn't realize that as a tourist, I was supposed to provide half the knowledge. She had only said I had to do half the talking, which I certainly did. Oh well! An A is an A.

I read an article about this amazing woman today. She completed the B of A Chicago Marathon (yes, all 26.2 miles) and gave birth 7 hours later. I want that to be me. I want to be in such amazing shape that I can run a marathon pregnant - hell, even run a marathon at all! And she completed it in something around 6.5 hours.

I found some really fantastic articles today. I have three tabs open with PTSD articles right now that I want to say something about, but I want to give them the time and thought they deserve. With this hellacious math test coming up tomorrow, I definitely don't have the time right now.

So I should probably head off and study! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment