Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's finally fall!!

75 degrees outside right now, at noon. We had an awesome monsoon last night with the best thunder I've heard in a long while. I love fall in Arizona! We might not have changing leaves, but we have monsoons which are so amazing.

Had my German test earlier. Blech. I didn't study nearly as much as I should have. I tried studying last night but wasn't feeling well, so I went to bed early. I set my alarm to get up half an hour early this morning to study, but didn't do that either. So there was very little studying done for this test. Thankfully we had a few extra credit questions. Hopefully those will give me a little boost.

Tonight is my last "free" night this week. I'm had planned on going to the Chris Young concert with Lori, but she wasn't able to switch her work schedule, so she isn't able to go. I suppose I'll suck it up and not go, then, since I don't want to find someone else to go with me at such late notice. (Plus, I have an O-Chem test on Friday and my time could be better spent studying.) A little bummed, but oh well. It's the better decision for sure. I think I'm going to go to the Trace Adkins concert with her husband next week, and the three of us are probably going to see Darius Rucker later this month.

I paid off another chunk of tuition today. I only have $3500 left! I definitely had not planned on taking this long to pay everything off, so I'm a little irritated - mostly about the ticket insurance situation, since that's an extra $1600 that could be in my pocket right now, but I'll make it happen.

My tire pressure is low again. It always happens in the fall, with the change in weather. That's one of the downsides of being single, and of no longer living/working at Wilshire. I don't have a man to air up my tires anymore, and I hate having to pay for air at the gas station. I'm thinking about stopping by Wilshire tomorrow anyway and seeing if Mohammed has a minute to fill 'em up.

Yesterday's photo! (Day 18):
My adorable little birdy likes to hang out and take a bath in her water dish. She also has a toy, made from a wooden cooking spoon, that hangs right above said dish. I've noticed lately that she likes to scratch her head on it when she's bathing, and was finally able to snap a photo yesterday.


Today! (Day 19):
My favorite place to unwind.


In other news, Sarah Palin announced today that she will not be running in this presidential election! Amusingly, the caption of the video at the top of the CNN announcement page, is "Palin 'thankful' not to be running." Don't worry, Palin! You're not the only one!

I have some studying to do for Friday's O-Chem test since I won't be around much tomorrow evening. I should probably get on that. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment