Sunday, October 9, 2011

And the decision was made.

No Symphony today. :( I would really love to go, but knowing it would probably be 2 hours, plus a 20+ minute drive each way - I don't have three extra hours today, with as busy as this upcoming week is going to be.

I've made huge progress around the house instead. I did laundry, dishes, cleaned the bathroom mirror, the hall mirror, made some headway on cleaning out the car... I'm pretty pleased. I have a coupon for a free full-service car wash, and my poor car desperately needs to be washed this week, so I'm trying to clean it out completely so they can give it a good once-over with the vacuum.

As of 2:30, I have 14 of my 25 items crossed off this weekend's to-do list. Not too shabby.

I desperately need another massage. My shoulders are killing me again. The whole "I store stress in my shoulders" thing really is a downer sometimes.

Shari and I had an AWESOME chat about money and the "rich bitch" stereotypes this afternoon. I went into the office to print out some bank paperwork to dispute some more charges, and got started chatting about someone we both know that squanders her money and then is jealous of people that have more. I really am so sick of the people who make comments about how I must be rolling in cash because my dad is loaded, or how life must be so easy because I'm going to school on my parents' dime, or how if they had the money my family does, they would never have a bad day, or any of the other ridiculous things I've heard. Lemme just tell you right now: none of those things are true. I am paying for my education on my own. I have $75,000 in student loans - hardly rolling in dough. Money brings problems of its own. It might solve your financial worries, but creates others - particularly for the people that make comments like the one I mentioned. People don't wish they were rolling in dough when they're hurting to pay rent one month. They make comments like that when they wish they could have a big house and a fancy car and a trophy wife. If you are not satisfied with what you have, no amount of money is going to change that.

Shari also told me I look like I've lost weight, which is super awesome! After being told I look pregnant last week, that was a huge confidence booster.

I just realized that after the spring semester, I will have to petition ASU in order to continue receiving federal financial aid, since I will be over their credit limit. I hope to greatly improve my GPA in the meantime, so I can prove to them that I have been working, and working hard, toward accomplishing this degree.

I'm off to do some more homework/studying. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment