Friday, October 7, 2011

My boss rocks!

And today's photo is just part of the reason why.

Photo #21. Bailey's Mint Chocolate.
Apparently there is somewhat of a tradition surrounding "parking lot shots." And I was treated to my first one today.

I updated my "I'm fat" blog today. I realized yesterday when I walked into my old place of employment and had someone tell me I look pregnant, that something desperately needs to change.

I heard today that Mrs. Walatka, my second grade teacher, has passed away. In celebrating her life today, and talking to others that I went to school with, I was reminded even more of what an amazing woman, a wonderful role model, and an awesome teacher she was. There will be a service held tomorrow in Anchorage for her. I wish I was able to go. All of my teachers at Northern Lights helped shape me into the person I am today, and I wish I could thank them all.

I found this image today, and absolutely love it.
How true that is. Drugs. Alcohol. Facebook. Texting. Other forms of social media. Beauty products. Being thin. The things America's young people focus on are not the things that will make them into the best person they can possibly be. They are not things that matter. They are just that - superficial.

I have started another post that will be more substantial; I just don't have the time to finish it right now. Hopefully that will be up in the next few days! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment